There is an art to managing conflict. Avoiding confrontation or just letting a situation fester should never be seen as an option or a solution. Conflict resolution, ensuring everyone is calm and working towards a solution that all can adhere to, has the potential to create lasting alliances and foster respect between parties. This is a skill that will help participants in all aspects of their lives, whether it be in the workplace, home or in the wider world. Recognising when tensions are brewing and diffusing conflict effectively, is the only viable short, medium and long term solution.
- learn essential conflict resolution skills when dealing with workplace issues or with the wider public
- build trust and credibility with colleagues and team members
- gain confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively
- view conflict as having the potential to open up dialogue that can enhance future relationships
Typical example of 1/2 day workshop (3.5 hours)
- understanding the source of conflict - why do we fight ?
- reason v emotion
- applying the rules of engagement
- constructively disagree with others
- role playing
- group discussion on best practice
Minimum/Maximum attendees: 4-15
Please note we do NOT hold 'open' group courses - different organisations sending participants. Courses are based on requests from companies to form 'closed' groups for their personnel. Due to group work, which forms part of the programme, this course is not suitable for individuals.
Who should attendManagers, Team Leaders or indeed anyone who has to work in an environment that requires internal cooperation or that brings them into contact with the general public.
Our trainer has a wealth of experience, in the training arena having been responsible for Dale Carnegie Benelux and Director of the Institute of Neurocognivitism.
His Leadership course was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine as on the ‘must-have’ online courses of 2017.
He recently launched the ground breaking training course Resilience, that offers blended learning and live workshops. He recently delivered a TEDx talk in Budapest.
+32 (0)2 307 37 50