Academic writing requires a very special skill set that is not learned by osmosis. Whether, for example, you are currently at university, or a researcher required to write academic papers or indeed you are hoping to begin or further your education abroad, you will already recognise that powerful, persuasive and coherent writing is the key to success.
- understand the importance of ruthless research
- master how to argue effectively
- discover how to apply the rules to improve grades and feedback on your work
- benefit from the experience of an academic coach
Typical subjects covered (Tailor Made Workshop format. Choice of 1/2, 1 or 2 full days)
- understanding the basic tenets of academic writing
- writing clear sentences
- go with the flow - structring your sentences & ideas to flow seamlessly
- carry your argument forward effectively
- polishing your paper - edit and proofread efficiently
- create meaningful and memorable research paper titles
- impactful introductions and conclusions
- dealing with abstracts
- punctuate perfectly
- avoiding plagiarism
- overcoming writer's block
- choose a workshop ( 3, 6 or 12 hours) for immediate help with your research, essay, thesis or academic paper. this option can also be used for proofreading a thesis.
Language: English (minimum B2 level required)
Who should attendUniversity students, academics writing in English as a 2nd language, academic researchers and anyone wishing to begin or continue their education abroad.
Our trainer completed her years of study at Oxford University, UK, with a PHD in Anthropology & Political Science She is also a research fellow at ULB, Brussels. A published writer herself, she has gone on to coach many in professional writing skills for both academic and commercial purposes.
+32 (0)2 307 37 50